The term POLICE is not an abbreviation and thus has no full form. It is a licensed body of individuals responsible for enforcing the law, preventing crime and social unrest, and ensuring the safety of the general public. The word POLICE is derived from Middle French police (‘public order, administration, government’ which comes from Latin word (Politia), which is the romanization of the Ancient Greek πολιτεία (politeia) ‘citizenship, administration, civil polity’. The state government in India controls the police and is known as the state police service.
POLICE Full Form
Although there is no full form of POLICE, there are some amusing full forms listed below.
- Public Officer for Legal Investigations and Criminal Emergencies
- Persons Of Law Integrity Controlling Everyone
- Protection Of Life and Investigating Criminals Establishment
- Polite Obedient Loyal Intelligent Courageous and Efficient
- Protection Of Law In Case of Emergency
- Protection Of Life In Civil Establishment
- Please Obey Life In City Environment
- People Of Law In Country Everywhere
- People Often Lie In Confidence Everywhere