The full form of LPG is “Liquified Petroleum Gas”. It is a mixture of gases such as butane, propane and propylene. LPG is an odorless and colorless gas. It was first developed by a chemist named Walter O. Snelling in the year 1910. It is produced by the process of refining petroleum and natural gas. LPG is also called fuel gas. It is primarily used for cooking and as a fuel for vehicles, as well as a refrigerant and aerosol propellant and an alternative to chlorofluorocarbons. Additionally, it is utilized in the chemical industry. LPG has a higher density than the surrounding air.
Uses Of LPG
- LPG is the most commonly used fuel for domestic purposes like cooking, hence it is also called as domestic fuel. There are more than 200 million LPG connections across India.
- LPG is also used as a refrigerant.
- LPG is used as an alternative fuel for motor vehicles as it burns better than diesel and petrol.
- LPG is used as a substitute for kerosene and heating oil. This practice is predominant in Europe and rural areas of the world.
- LPG is used in the generation of electrical energy.
- LPG is also used in commercial units such as hotels, restaurants and bakeries.
Advantages Of LPG
- LPG is environment friendly, greenhouse gas emissions are very low as it contains very low percentage of sulfur and nitrogen.
- LPG prolongs the life of the vehicle’s engine.
- LPG can be easily transported and stored.
- LPG is non-corrosive and non-toxic.
Disadvantages Of LPG
- Since LPG is an odorless gas, it is difficult to detect when it leaked.
- The ignition temperature of LPG is higher than that of petrol.
- LPG is heavy in density (compared to air), so it can cause suffocation in case of leakage.
- LPG is costlier than CNG.
Other LPG Full Form
|LPG||Economy||Liberalization, Privatization, and Globalization|
|LPG||Networking||Local Peering Gateway|
|LPG||Politics||Liberal Party of Gibraltar|
|LPG||Machine||Laser Pattern Generator|
|LPG||Business||Land Productivity Grant|
|LPG||Marketing||Lowest Price Guarantee|
|LPG||Miscellaneous||Larvae Per Gram|
|LPG||Technology||Lakeside Programming Group|
|LPG||Band||La Perdita Generacio|
|LPG||Science||Liquified Petroleum Gas|
Comment on “LPG Full Form | What Is The Full Form Of LPG?”