Hard Gk Questions – Are you good in GK? Test your general knowledge skills with these top 50 extremely difficult general knowledge questions in English.
50 Hard Gk Questions
- Which Mughal emperor built the Taj Mahal?
Answer: Shah Jahan.
2. Which state of India is known as the “Land of Five Rivers”?
3. Who was the first President of India?
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad.
4. Which Indian city is often referred to as the “City of Happiness”?
5. What is the name of the highest civilian award in India?
Answer: Bharat Ratna.
6. In which year was the Indian Constitution adopted?
7. Which river is known as the “Sorrow of Bihar” because of its frequent floods?
Answer: Kosi river.
8. Which famous Indian mathematician introduced the concept of zero?
9. What is the name of India’s first satellite launched in 1975?
10. Who wrote the Indian National Anthem “Jana Gana Mana”?
Answer: Rabindranath Tagore.
11. Which state of India is called the “Spice Garden of India”?
12. Who is often called the “Iron Man of India”?
Answer: Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
13. What is the official residence of the President of India called?
Answer: Rashtrapati Bhavan.
14. Which state of India has the longest coastline?
15. What is the name of the famous rock-cut temple complex in Maharashtra?
Answer: Ajanta and Ellora caves.
16. Which Indian state is known as the “Land of Festivals”?
17. Who is known as the “Father of the Indian Constitution”?
Answer: Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
18. What is the name of India’s highest civilian gallantry award?
Answer: Paramveer Chakra.
19. Which Indian ruler was known as “Sher-e-Punjab”?
Answer: Maharaja Ranjit Singh.
20. In which Indian state is the Sun Temple of Konark located?
21. Who was the first Indian woman to win an Olympic medal?
Answer: Karnam Malleswari.
22. Which river is considered the most sacred in Hinduism?
Answer: Ganges (Ganga).
23. Which Indian state is known for the Great Indian Desert, also known as the Thar Desert?
24. What is the name of India’s first lunar probe launched in 2008?
25. Which Indian city is often referred to as the “Pink City”?
26. What is the currency of India?
Answer: Indian Rupee (INR).
27. Who was the first Indian Prime Minister?
Answer: Jawaharlal Nehru.
28. Which Indian state is known for the UNESCO World Heritage Site Nilgiri Mountain Railway?
Answer: Tamil Nadu.
29. What is the name of the world’s highest battlefield located on a high mountain pass?
Answer: Siachen Glacier.
30. What is the name of Indian Space Research Organisation?
Answer: Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO).
31. Who was the first Indian woman to win the title of Miss World?
Answer: Rita Faria.
32. Which Indian state is known for Sundarbans mangrove forest?
Answer: West Bengal.
33. Who was the founder of the Maurya Empire in ancient India?
Answer: Chandragupta Maurya.
34. What is the capital of Bhutan?
35. Which planet in our solar system has the longest day?
36. Which scientist is known for formulating the laws of motion and universal gravitation?
Answer: Sir Isaac Newton.
37. Which is the rarest blood type in humans?
Answer: AB negative.
38. What is the chemical symbol of the element gold?
39. Which famous physicist developed the theory of relativity?
Answer: Albert Einstein.
40. Which is the largest organ in the human body?
41. In which country is the famous archaeological site Machu Picchu located?
42. In which year did the Berlin Wall fall, leading to the unification of Germany?
Answer: The Berlin Wall fell in 1989.
43. What is the unit of measurement of electric current?
Answer: Ampere (A).
44. Who was the first woman to cross the Atlantic Ocean alone without stopping?
Answer: Amelia Earhart.
45. Which gas is found in the largest amount in the Earth’s atmosphere?
46. Which is the largest ocean in the world?
Answer: Pacific Ocean.
47. In which year did the United States of America declare its independence from Great Britain?
Answer: 4 July 1776.
48. What is the basic unit of life in biology?
49. Which planet is often called the “Red Planet”?
50. What is the name of Indian satellite navigation system?
Answer: NavIC (Navigation with Indian Constellation).