The term INDIA is not an acronym, and does not have a full form. India is the name of a country located in Southern Asia. It is the second most populated and seventh largest country by area in the world. It is surrounded by water on three sides – Bay of Bengal in the south east, Arabian Sea in the south west and Indian Ocean in the south.
A river named Indus is the genesis of the word India, and Indus itself comes from the Sanskrit word “Sindhu”. The capital of India has been New Delhi since February 1931, and it is the most populous democracy in the world. It has also become the fastest growing economy. There are several other names for India, including Republic Of India, Hindustan, Bharat, and Jambudvipa.
INDIA Full Form
It is clear that there is no official full form for India but there are some popular unofficial full forms which are mentioned below.
Interesting Facts About India
- “Snakes and Ladders” is a famous board game originated from India.
- Martial Arts was invented in India and later disseminated by Buddhist missionaries to the rest of Asia.
- The Kumbh Mela, which occurs every 12 years is visible from space.
- The Chail cricket ground in Himachal Pradesh is the highest cricket ground in the world, built at an altitude of 2,444 meters.
- The largest exporter of spices in the world is India.
- India is the mother of four religions – Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism and Sikhism. All four religions originated from India.
- India holds the world record for the tallest statue in the world, i.e. Statue of Unity (182m).
- Twenty to thirty percent of Indians are vegetarians, making it the country with the highest number of vegetarians.